Teachers Training Program in USA
Posted on August 1, 2020
Details of Teaching Degree and its curriculum in the USA
Teaching degrees train professionals to educate students of various ages. Teaching degrees have come a long way, moving from classical theoretic textbook studies to applied, interactive, and career-oriented learning.
Teachers can practice at elementary, middle, high school, and university levels, or become experts in special education, vocational education, alternative learning, or online learning.
Teaching degrees prepare professional educators who can facilitate, lead, organise, plan, assess and manage students of different ages and capabilities.
Teacher helps the students to love the learning process and subjects through the methodology they use to teach them.
The first years of teaching education focus on acquiring in-depth knowledge of the subjects that will be taught to future students in the broad fields of humanities, natural sciences and mathematics, languages, computer training. Later study years focus on acquiring pedagogical and teaching techniques.
Future teachers can gain expertise in general disciplines, useful for teaching younger learners, or focus on one or two specialisations that will enable them to teach adolescents and adult learners.
Teaching degree also gives exposure to the students in the subjects like Educational Psychology, social & multicultural foundations and teaching strategies.
Future teachers are also required to complete a teaching internship prior to obtaining their licensure in the U.S. before they start their teaching profession.
Scope for Teachers
Teachers can practice in a great variety of settings such as elementary, middle, high school, university, special education, vocational education, alternative learning, and distance learning (online).
Requirements of admission for International students
American board is preparing high-quality teachers for more than 15 years.
- Bachelor / Master’s Degree equivalent to that available in USA in relevant subject that one wants to teach.
- Select your subject and grade you want to teach and accordingly choose the level of teacher’s training program. There are many online and certification programs on teacher’s training as well. Based on the subject and level you want to teach there may be specific entrance exams conducted by different universities or college
- English Proficiency test – IELTS minimum 6.5 / TOEFL 90
- Submit your official college or university transcripts.
- Pass the Professional Teaching Knowledge exam (PTK). This exam will be taken on a computer and must be completed at a Pearson VUE testing centre. The exam will consist of 125 multiple choice questions and a writing component. It is suggested you take this exam before your subject area exam.
- Pass the American Board specific subject exam. This exam will be taken on a computer and must be completed at a Pearson VUE testing centre. It is suggested you take this exam after you complete your PTK exam.
Some of the Universities for Teacher Training Program in the USA.
1. Arizona state university
2. University of Michigan
3. Florida Atlantic University
4. University of California San Diego
5. Cleveland State University