Mistakes to be avoided while doing online courses
Posted on April 23, 2020
Beware of the mistakes you may make while taking online courses:
All the students who are aspiring and getting ready to take the courses online from respective universities should ensure the following before enrolling.
- Before enrolling into any online course make sure the student checks the accreditation of the program.
- Whether the program is recognized by the respective program’s accrediting body.
Not reviewing the curriculum:
Student should check the
- Program requirement
- Course description
- Specialisation options
- Possible career fields
Underrating the difficulty:
- Online courses are not easy
- Thoughtful time management and discipline is required
Neglecting the technical specifications:
- Student should meet the recommended requirement not the minimum standards as it can hinder their overall online experience
- Hardware requirement: 250 gigabyte hard drive, headsets, webcam and internet
- Software requirement: varies from institute to institute
Not researching the instructor:
- Students should verify whether the professor taught an online course earlier or not
- Student should connect with the faculty prior enrolling
Cheating on assignments:
- Cheating is difficult in online classrooms due to the number of tools faculty use to check academic dishonesty.
Ignoring the red flags:
Few signs to tell whether the online programs are not legitimate are:
- There is no proof of student administration
- Address seems to be weird
- Earning the degree seems to be easy and fast
- Pressure of enrolling into the classes
- Program requires huge amount of money upfront
Working in an air bubble:
- Though students don’t sit physically along with their classmates, a lot of interaction with the other students can be expected.